Au pair in the USA - Programme Fees and Details
Why au pair in the USA with AuPairCare?
Since 1989, AuPairCare has successfully placed over 30,000 au pairs with families in the U.S. and is designated by the U.S. Department of State as an official au pair programme sponsor. Our expertise has helped us become the fastest growing au pair agency in the U.S.
AuPairCare has over 20 years of experience as one of just 11 U.S. Department of State designated au pair agencies, and we have used that expertise to develop informative handbooks and helpful guidelines, to assist au pairs in the application process.
AuPairCare USA charges a complete package price. Since your application is non-binding, the fee is only applicable after you have matched with one of our registered host families.
All services before the match, i.e. the application process, the personal interview and even talking with our registered host families are all free of charge.
AuPairCare Programme fees
Complete package price
Experience with children
older than 2 years old
Experience with infants and
toddlers under 2 years old
|Italy, Finland, Greece, Slovakia, Ireland, Portugal, other*||12 months||599 €||399 €|
|United Kingdom||12 months||£ 530||£ 350|
*other: If you are a participant from another country, please contact us.
The following benefits are included in your package price:
- Your working hours (maximum of 45 hours per week) are established for your protection
- You receive your own bedroom and full board
- Weekly salary of $195.75*
- Up to $500 in tuition money in order to attend college classes (you must complete 6 credits or equivalent)
- 2 weeks vacation (10 working days)
- 1 1/2 free days per week
- 1 completely free weekend per month
- 13th travel month
- Extensive preparation, advice and support from AuPairCare
- 4-day training seminar in the greater New York area (arrival on Monday, continued travel to host family on Thursday)
- Arrival orientation with your local AuPairCare Coordinator
- Monthly meetings with your local AuPairCare Coordinator and other au pairs in your area
- Free flight to the United States, including all connecting flights to your host family
- Free return flight from either your host family or another desired airport in the USA, given that you have successfully completed your AuPairCare programme
- Government authorized procurement and appropriation of the necessary documents (DS 2019) in order to apply for the visa
- Sevis-fees (US Registration) paid for you by AuPairCare
- All-inclusive comprehensive insurance package for 12 months, included in programme fees
- Certificate of completion for your participation in the AuPairCare programme
- Optional AuPairCare programme extension of 6, 9 or 12 months
- $250 to $500 tuition for additional college courses, in order to accumulate either 3 or 6 credits, depending on the length of extension
You will need to plan on just a few minimal additional costs for the AuPairCare programme. Because each of these expenses are incurred on-site, they are not included in the package price. These are:
- Transportation to / from your personal interview
- Travel costs to and from your interview appointment at the nearest US Embassy
- Fees incurred for acquiring a basic police check, a medical record (can vary from doctor to doctor), an international driving license as well as a passport
*The U.S. Department of State calculation of the minimum weekly stipend is based on the federal minimum wage with a 40% deduction for room and board in exchange for childcare services. Host families and au pairs are free to agree to compensation higher than the legally applicable minimum.