Au pair in the USA -
Questions about the Organisation
- Who is AuPairCare?
- Can I become an au pair in the USA for the second time?
- What happens with taxes in the U.S.?
Since 1989, AuPairCare has successfully placed over 40,000 au pairs with families in the U.S. and is designated by the U.S. Department of State as an official au pair program sponsor.
Our expertise has helped us become the fastest growing au pair agency in the United States. AuPairCare has one of the largest host family networks, and our award-winning online matching system provides the most efficient au pair placement and best matching available.
Most importantly, AuPairCare is dedicated to matching great au pairs with great families, and providing you with constant support throughout your year. With AuPairCare, you know you will be in good hands.
- Host families - Our host families are carefully selected, and our award-winning online matching system helps you and your ideal host family find each other.
- Experience - AuPairCare has 20 years of experience as a U.S. Department of State designated au pair agency.
- Training - Upon your arrival in the U.S., AuPairCare provides a 4-day orientation and training to prepare you for a successful year as an au pair in America.
- Support – Our professional and friendly staff will guide and support you throughout your au pair application process. Once you have arrived in the US you will then have the support of a local AuPairCare coordinator who greets you shortly after your arrival and provides support throughout your year, from answering any questions you may have, to arranging monthly outings with other au pairs in your area.
Yes, due to new US visa regulations it is now possible for you to become an au pair for a second time in the US as long as you:
- Have successfully completed an au pair programme previously, including the education component
- are able to demonstrate that you have lived outside the U.S. for at least 2 years after your first au pair programme
- are between 18 and 26 years of age
- complete the full AuPairCare application again
- fulfil all other programme requirements to au pair in the USA
All au pairs are expected to pay tax in the USA. How much you pay depends on when you started your au pair year - some au pairs don't have to pay anything at all! Otherwise, you can expect to pay around $600 altogether. Your host family can help you with the tax declaration.